Glasgow area - where to shoot

MikeT-23

Hello everyone

This is my first post here, so be patient, please.

I stay in Glasgow, to the western side, and was wondering if anyone knew of a location in/on that side of the city where I could go to get some regular practice for the air rifle skills.

In the past I've used Kypeside (nr Strathaven) and Cowans Law (nr Kilmarnock), but both are at least twenty miles away, far on the other side of the city limits.

There is another place, Dechmont, which I am aware of as a shooting club for centre/rimfires and so on, but is it air-freindly? Again it's the other side of the city.

Do any forum users here have a knowledge of anywhere on the western/northern side of town where I might be able to do some legitimate practice?

There was a guy who worked in the sports section of Crocket's who told me once about a farm near the Milngavie reservoirs, Bank Ell farm, which offered a facility on certain Sundays - but the info was rather vague and I've seen no evidence to back it up.

All I'm after is somewhere closer and more convenient that will allow me the opportunity to put some hours in (when they're available).

Any advice at all would be welcome, and thanks for taking the time.

Cheers

Mike

Dusty fox

em, my preference is to be doing any shooting within the boundaries of the law. In my limited experience, that involves going to a range.

I don't have any contacts with land from whom I would get permission - not in Glasgow anyway, but there may be an opportunity waaaay up north from next year, but that's even less convenient. Plus, got to get to know the local farmer first.

I'm not in Clydebank, but not so far from. Much closer to the city, in Yorkhill.

Thanks for getting back.

The one near Milngavie your talking about is Westfield (Milnegavie) - Call David Gray - 0141 586 1210 http://www.sarpa.co.uk/

Also there is a small bore rifle club at Shandon near Helensburgh, I think they allow Air rifle use but phone or email them first.

Shandon Pistol & RC

T: 01505 684554

E: henry@herriot75.wanadoo.co.uk

CF GR ML SB

25m 300m

INDOOR OUTDOOR