Around Brum

ferretmanabu

From memory...

most of it was in the Wychnor / Alrewas area with a bit up at Newchuch / Newborough.

The section at Catholme near Alrewas isn't too good, but it's nice for a walk round and a bit of dog training; NPPC permission does not include the old sand pit. It's farmed by Roger Mercer who also owns Wychnor Park, which can be very good. The keeper used to be Peter Cromack, nice bloke and a good wildlife artist. He likes to have a pop himself, so getting on isn't always easy. Could have changed now.

The bit between Five Lane Ends and Six Lane Ends (Stepen and Geoff Wilkinson) is OK ish, never had a hatful but always got something. I used to watch Tony Pennell (MFH of the Meynell) aerobating his Spitfire when I was up there; made the day.

I've had a couple of really good days on an NPPC bit near Fauld.

The other piece was near Huddlesford (Lichfieldish) once again farmed by Mr Mercer. Lots of it but I never really rang the bell except for a couple of times on the stubbles.

Regards

Eug

Eugene Molloy

I guess about 8 years ago! prior to 1997 anyway.

....thought so mate, yeah they still got some of those places you mention plus a fair bit of fresh ground as well.

Have you thought about re-joining the club? That way your views and comments, here in this nppc talksection would have some proper relevance and, coupled with your obvious experience would be very much appreciated!

CB

The shooting list I have just received only has a few fields in the Hammerswich/Adlridge are. About 5 locations in total. Maybe there'll be more in the next shooting list. I am guessing that it changes according to time of year.

I'm quite keen and willing to travel distances anyway so it's not really a problem if there's not much land around brum.

If you wish to go and have a look at the fields and do a bit of scouting, do you need to book out or get permission first?