Scope advice

kdub

Hi guys and gals. Looking for some advice on a new scope for my .243 Tikka T3. I currently use a bushnell elite 3200 5-15 x 50 and find it ok. However I would like a bit more power say 6-24 x 50/56 and a bit better lens quality for night shooting.

I like the scope and will keep my bushnell as a backup as I can't really fault it over the past 18 months.

My dilema is that even though I keep looking at various scopes I have no idea whats good out there. I have a budget of around 500-550 and would push that out to 600 if that gets me the next level up so to speak.

I would appreciate any suggestions or advice guys.

Cheers Kev.

Kev,i swear by Schmidt and Bender.I have a 3-12x50 S&B Klassik,and for low light and night time shooting on my Tikka T3 Lite 22-250,this scope is fantastic!I`m sure that there are many other good quality scopes out there for this,but i`m more than happy with this particular scope,also i picked it up £500 second-hand,as they are over a grand brand new.ATB mate.

Edited by bullet boy

Thanks BB but I am looking for a more high power zoom say a minimum of x20.

Looks a nice scope though. Its a bloody minefield out there as far as scopes. There are at least 5 or 6 that fits the bill such as

Leupold 6.5-20x50 30 mm LRT VX-111 Target

BUSHNELL 6-24x50mSF E4200 30mm MATTE MilDot w/SHADE

Zeiss 6.5-20x50 Conquest SF Matte Z-plex Reticle Telescopic Sight (This one is a good bit out of my price range but I know wil be a very good scope)

and a few cheaper options such as the nighteater series.

Anybody use any of the above for night shooting.

i bought 2 scopes on ebay before christmas, paid £350 for s&bender hungarian 30mm 8x56 fixed as new condition and a zavaroski 8x50 30mm as new also for £350, just know what you want and set a price and dont go above it, also dont bid the price up. only make your move near the end.