SMK XS-36 .22 air rifle, with scope, much work done !

This rifle was bought about six months ago from a chap on airgunbbs.com for me to deter magpies from our garden. As the previous owner is an engineer he did loads of work on the gun, and as a result it shoots very nicely. It has had a full strip and polish, a new spring, all screws replaced with hex heads, the barrel has been re-crowned, the horrible finish on the stock has been removed and the wood oiled and waxed, the trigger has been polished, only the best quality moly was used when the rifle was re-built, and last but not least the rubbish plastic trigger gaurd has been replaced with a custom made air craft grade aluminium unit. The rifle chronos at 11.8 ft lbs with a 17 grain pellet it loves JSBs and AIR ARMS field. It is fitted with a 3-9 x40 JSR rubber coated milldot illuminated scope, with superb optics (very clear). It has a brand new slip and almost a full tin of pellets. For sale due to lack of interest as I've discovered shotguns (SGC holder) - £125 F2F or swap /px for a 12 or 20 bore SBS or Semi auto, or maybe carts - what have you got ?

Will travel within reason, or post at cost.

post-11298-1231440209.jpg

post-11298-1231440217.jpg

post-11298-1231440230.jpg

Edited by Patrick1964

• 4 years later...

hi there, i just bought this rifle at the same time as my brother inlaw. both units perform the same and we both have the same scopes and i scoped both in. i can group really well and the power is ok but not what smk has claimed. i gave it a clean and cleaned out the barrel. im sending it in for a strip and tune next month for £50 and just wondering if its worth it? i dont think the stock is that bad for a sub £100 rifle but the metal work is of a lot lower quality than my cometa 220. im looking to spend £200 on a new break barrel rifle? any suggestions? thanks.