Clay pigeon cartdriges

After reading all the replies on this topic Iwanted to try my self the experience to shoot with these type of cart.

I had 3 box of Eley blu 7 1/2 28 gr. to go through I've loaded the semiauto and start shooting........... what an experience they worked really well could not belive it, but what I've notice on a couple of occasion that two birds after been it and loosing feathers they flew away and landed dead about 75-100 metres away from me. For me worked very well and I've my theory: normal cart. are slower in speed, then when you shoot you have to anticipate the bird depending on his speed but if you use clay pigeon cart. are much faster in speed and then less anticipation on the bird thats why works for me because as a novice I do the usual mistake I shoot with not much anticipation on the bird, a faster cart. will help you.

I'm not saying that it's correct to shoot with these cart. because pigeons sometime will die later due to less impact/damage of the lead.

What you think?

Cheers

Marco

It's hard to blame the cartridge if something carries on flying and drops some distance away because this could of happened with any cartridge you use, chances are it was only lightly hit or just caught the edge of the pattern and was struck by a few pellets in an area that was not immediately fatal. I think it takes several outings to cover different conditions to make a fair assesment of a gun/cartridge combination.