types of airgun

Sergeant

I used to use a spring break barrel but as time went on the gun got a bit in accurate and just **** basically,i have all the types of air gun you said about i have a BSA meteor which is a good gun bit to load though i have three air pistols and a crossman rat catcher that use the co2 caps i find the pistols are great for just plinking in the garden but the rat catcher is nice and quiet but only has very limited amount of shots per charge, i also have an air arms s410 which is pre charged i love this gun it's fac rated, it's not stupidly high only about 17 or 18 ft lbs its very quiet and gives a far few shots per charge so my advise to you would be to spend that bit more and get a pre charged because you won't regret it

Edited by hill billy

Precharged

Easy to cock. Easy to extract the accuracy from. Expensive. Require charging gear - again expensive.

CO2

Cheap to buy compared to precharged - largely because Co2 guns are made to a price and not to a std. Variable power dependant upon temperature. Expensive per shot.

Spring

Self contained and generally cheaper than precharged. Last virtually forever given a little maintainance. Harder to extract the accuracy from due to recoil.

If getting a FAC you need to decide if you're going to put the airgun on your ticket. If so a precharge makes more sence as (subject to correct selection of gun in first place) it'll be easier to extract fac power levels when allowed to do so. There are some spring guns that'll make 30ft/lb but these are few and far between and are usually a dog to shoot at 12 ft/lb.