Rangefinding with laser?

tabs

Considering fitting my aa410 k with a laser to assist with rangefinding. Can any of you guys give me your thoughts on the pros of lasers and just where would i fit one on my rifle?

PS, could a laser be used along with nv also.

hi there and looks like a welcme is in order :)

well my advice might be totaly wrong so take with a a little caution but it goes something liek the following:

rnage finding with a lazer mounted on top of the scope (approx 4-6" above) should give pretty good accuracy.

to start with zero the lazer into you optimum zero range so it hits the x hair on your zeroed range. then it takes a bit of practice walking the range closer and further to work out where abouts the lazer hits on your scope to work out the distance. i.e. if the lazer hits high on the scope its closer and if it hits low on the scope its further. it will just take a lot of practise to work out the exact range of the target. i guess the easiest way to work it out would be the same way you work out hold over/under. ie place targets at 5,10,15,20 and so on until you are at the maximum range and than just make notes on where the lazer hits the target in relation to the distance.

that is about all the practical advice can give on the range finding laser and as i said i might be totaly off base with it but it should help you out a little

hope this helps

ROB :)

ps let us all know how you get on with it and if it really does work :lol: