Top spot to shoot

andyb

Hey,

Thought i would share with you all a fantastic find. I live in Portsmouth and have struggled to find land on which to shoot. but the other day my shooting buddie managed to get the best spot in portsmouth. Its a set of playing fields in a secluded spot so no one will be disturbing us during our hunts. And the place is absolutely riddled with rabbits, i mean they are bulging out of every hole in the ground. There are also lots of crows, magpies and pigeons to hunt aswell. So all in all it makes for a fantastic day out shooting. We went there for the first time to have a look around and get to know the grounds and we managed to take 15 bunnies, 3 crows and 2 pigeons in about an hour. As a keen airgunner i couldnt ask for more thats why i thought i would share my experience with you guys and see if anyone wants to offer there methods for hunting bunnies.

Well done Andy... sound s just the job.

15 Rabiits in an hour.... sounds promising. To shoot that many in hour must meen that they are not gun shy or reguarly shot at.

If you hammer the place, they will soon learn, and clear off at teh first sign of you coming.

Laming during the cover od darkness can also be very productive, but again, they will become lamp shy if you go too often.

Happy shooting :D

Paul in North Lnics

It was a fantastic find we couldnt beleive our luck. Its fairly obvious that these rabbits had not been shot at before. As we drove in to park our car they were all along the road side and we had managed to take out a fair few before we had even managed to park the car. The crows were just as easy as they were perched in a tree right next to where we parked the car so me and my shooting buddie despatched of them with ease. No need for any decoys on that visit. But like you say they will click on to us soon and it will not be as easy to bag the rabbits then i guess it will take more skill as its fairly routine at the moment. But the little ******* have totally wrecked the playing fields there. Im sure we had a very lucky day as i was surprised by the amout that we shot in such a short time as i have been on a shoot and been waiting hidden in the bushes or tree line for ages and not been able to make one shot. Just the way it goes i guess.