The Venom Viper

the gibbon

I have just got my new gun the webley venom viper. The gun is very nice to hold and light at around 6lb. can't use the gun yet because its raining.

The thing that i did not like is that webley had got the raider manual and just folded a piece of paper round it saying the venom viper. The manual is a cheap photo copy! Webley must realy want to save some money!!

Pics will be coming and i will tell you how well it shoots soon!!

The Gibbon :beer:

Hi. Gibbon,

I have noticed that with many new guns I have bought over the years from various manufacturers the paper work and instruction manuals have been of very poor quality.

The best I can remember is from Weirauch, and the stuff I got from BSA with my Hornet I am sure was recycled toilet paper. Its a shame that these companies are letting them selves down on the promotional front but then again it is an ultra competitive market and every penny counts I suppose.

FM

Ive always been tempted by the Venom Viper. I pretty sure its just a Webley Raider, but shortened, lightened and given the Venom treatment.

I could only ever find them in .22, im a .177 man myself.

The Raider is a fine gun, much underrated in my opinon. I had a 2 Shot with a cracking walnut stock (also .22 only :beer: ). Honest couldnt fault it.

Let us know how you get on with it.

Hi Donkeymagic

I have shot a tin of pellets thruogh the gun so far and its a dream to shoot.It took three shots to sight the gun in. I have allways used Bisley Long Range Gold and they work in this gun lovley so all in all I would not go for i differnt gun. I am going rabbit shooting sunday and i wil take the cam too so some pics are soon to come :lol:

The Gibbon :beer: