Browning Ejector Screw Question

Markio

Actually cleaned my gun the other day, anyway i digress (and so soon). In the picture below i noticed the screw head (circled) is accessible when the ejector is extended. Does it allow me to take the ejector claw out? Any benefit to doing that every now and again for cleaning? If i did would pube like springs fly out never to be seen again?

BrowningEjector.jpg

Your opinions welcome chaps. :good:

No spring in Browning ejectors - they move freely backwards and forwards (fairly sure the spring for the ejectors in in the forend on Brownings??).

Not a bad idea to remove the ejectors now and then and clean out behind them. A light smear of oil/grease only afterwards though otherwise too much oil/grease will only attract dirt. :good:

No spring in Browning ejectors - they move freely backwards and forwards (fairly sure the spring for the ejectors in in the forend on Brownings??).

Not a bad idea to remove the ejectors now and then and clean out behind them. A light smear of oil/grease only afterwards though otherwise too much oil/grease will only attract dirt. :good:

Of course, doh, forgot about that, yes the springs are in the fore end. Wasn't sure what else was hidden behind those ejectors though. Lots of hard to reach places behind those claws even with a tooth brush (i use my wifes :good:) so figured a once over every so often might not be a bad idea.

Cheers.