couple of bucks

billyo

how true...lol...and that i dont mind, like i said tho..the pics i post are straight from the field ..not larders or dressed out beasts .....i look forward to you scrutinising in the future..lol...

Hi billyo my deer are stariaght from the field & hung to cool down naturally then put into the chiller & they look a whole lot neater JMHO than yours. I split the chest & pelvic back at home but bleed/gralloch/feet off pluck & blader out & all this can be done to a good high satndard in the fiels & quick just depends on experiance.

Am cuerious as to why you do not remove the hide from the deer right away after hanging. It is easier to remove before the animal gets cold. It also allows the body heat to escape the carcuss faster, making for better meat.

I find roe sticky/clammy to skin warm so i leave them to cool down naturally then i blow them up with a compressor & skin & personally preefer it. Reds i do when warm as its easyer just the way i work. The deer cool down nae bother with the skin on as you need to let them cool down any way before chilling. I have stainless chest spreaders too they fishtail builders wall ties they are good.

Edited by v-max