Dog Breath

DanRM

My Mother's Jack Russell Terrier, over the last few weeks her breath (The dogs :lol: ) has began to smell pretty bad. Didn't think much of it too begin with. then after a day or too i checked her teeth and they were fine.

Then last week she didn't seem right she would have anything to eat, and walked around with her ears and tail down. i thought if she isnt much better the next day she would have to go to the vet.

The next day she was fine and has been for the last 2 weeks and the breath had died down

Until today where she had nothing to eat this morning, didnt have her biscuit at midday and still walks around with her tail between her legs and ears back.

Would the bad breath and not being herself mean there is a problem with her stomach or anything like that?

Thanks

mate , just in case check the teeth again .

my lab had a similar problem , and the vet checked his mouth , and said teeth where fine :lol:

a few days later i deceided to check his teeth again myself , sure it was a mouth problem and guess what i found - his back moler had rotted and broken away leaving the nerve red and exposed , i was furious :lol: .

i took him to a different practice and had the tooth removed pronto :lol:

just to be sure worth another look .

cheers