Using bouncers in horse shoe pattern

Guest topshot_2k

Guest topshot_2k

Hi, im going to be using a couple of bouncers for my next decoying trip, do you normally put them the furthest away at the edge of your pattern or within the horshoe near the landing 'kill' zone?

Also when using this pattern what sort of distance do you leave for the opening?

:hmm:

Some people when setting up the horse shoe shape pattern put a bouncer on either side of it about 10 -15 yards further out to act as if they are birds coming in towards the pattern.

I tend to put one near the hide facing towards the nearest tree if you are near one to act as if it is heading in to land in the tree after feeding and I will keep one about 40 yards out heading towards the main pattern.

I tend to keep the widest part of the U shape about 30-40 yards to allow lots of room for the birds to get in.

+ leave a gap at the front of the pattern to allow the birds room to get out, this will make the birds decoy better. ( well I have found that when using that pattern.

Some people when setting up the horse shoe shape pattern put a bouncer on either side of it about 10 -15 yards further out to act as if they are birds coming in towards the pattern.

I tend to put one near the hide facing towards the nearest tree if you are near one to act as if it is heading in to land in the tree after feeding and I will keep one about 40 yards out heading towards the main pattern.

I tend to keep the widest part of the U shape about 30-40 yards to allow lots of room for the birds to get in.

+ leave a gap at the front of the pattern to allow the birds room to get out, this will make the birds decoy better. ( well I have found that when using that pattern.

u 30 40yrd? Putting myfurthest deek at sg range 40 yrds the u comes right up to the hide ? Sure. That's right?