Darts is a...  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Darts is a...

• Sport
    • Game
    • Joke
    • Other
    • I dont know!

The age old question: is darts a game or a sport?

I got myself a darts board a few months back and I've got to tell you: its bloody difficult! I still cant hit the 20's three times in a row never mind three trebbles in a row. How do those folk on the television do it?

Darts is extremley difficult game, but i think it's a game more akin to poker or the likes.

make sure you have a safe backstop too that you dont mind getting peppered slightly when it all goes wrong, i'm speaking from experience with some cupboard doors with holes in to this day :D .

according to dictionary dot come it could be either a sport or game under their definitions

I think it all stems back to when we threw chucked bashed or trapped for food.In those days it was a means of survival the better you were the better you ate, so as for shooting and archery you need alot of skill for target shooting to get top scores but just be very efficiant for hunting, therefore archery/target shooting is a sport because of the trajectories windage gadgets disiplines ect: thats required makes them so. So back to darts you dont need all the above so its a game in my eyes. God I do go on a bit. anyone else out there with any thoughts.

ps. I hope I didn't offend any feild target shooters.

Big Bill :D

New labour likes darts, because it’s played in pubs by people who drink lots of beer and then go to football matches and start riots. :D

Darts must therefore be a sport. :D

Shooting on the other hand, is done by people who have had to be vetted by the police to ensure that they are of good character, and wouldn’t dream of getting involved in trouble of that sort. :D

Shooting must therefore be a game or hobby. :D

Ask any labour MP.

G.M.

Gemini"

You don't need to be vetted by the police for an Airgun as long as you are of age and there are a lot of toe-rags out there giving REAL Airgunners a hard time, as for darts players causing football violence "well" thats a labourist remark. As for myself I haven't been to a match in my life.Cos shooting is my hobbie and darts just for fun.

Yours none Labour supporting BIG BILL

:D:D:D

You play the game but.....

Sport (Definition)

1. Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.

2. An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.

3. An active pastime; recreation.

So Darts is a sport as there is Physical Exertion required to lift the Pint Glass! :D

Regards,

Axe.

Do you know something Bill, I used to play in a darts team when I was a lot younger….back in the late70s, early 80s, and there were four lads who were Birmingham City fans. All four of them were in the same circle of trouble makers who regularly attended the local games simply for the trouble. They used to boast about it during drinking sessions and were quite proud of what THEY thought to be something fantastic…fighting on the pitch at St Andrews.

My comments were meant to be a little tongue-in-cheek, and I am fully aware that most football supporters (or darts players :D ) are not involved in any sort of violence.

But the sad fact is that this government will bend over backwards to support football, even when they have fatalities at matches (“You can’t condemn ALL football supporters for the actions of one or two thugs”). :D

But! When you have one lunatic with a gun they seem to think it’s OK to punish every single gun owner in the country. :D

As for calling me a “Labourist”. Go and wash your mouth out sir. :D

G.M.