Stirling 14p

Vectra26

I've always been pretty clued up on guns, but have to admit that I'd never heard of Stirling bolt actions until looking through this site. I've seen a few pics of them in the Picture forum, but can't find nothing about them by Googling. They seem to be pretty popular and well liked by those who have them.

Does any one have any info on them? Who makes them? Manufacturers website? I've heard they are equivalent to Norinco?

All info much appreciated :lol:

I've used a bolt-action Stirling 1500 .22WMR, whilst in Australia (I have never seen one in Europe). I may offend some people by saying this, but I thought the Stirling was dire. I would not be remotely surprised to learn that it was manufactured by that well-known purveyor of atrocious firearms, Norinco. The Stirling's accuracy was adequate, but it really did feel like it had been built by someone who genuinely didn't give a stuff.

If you want an effective and utterly reliable rifle, buy a CZ 452. If you want that, with some refinement, buy an Anschutz.

Thought as much. There's probably a good reason why I haven't heard of them before. I am pondering between a 452 and an Anschutz thumbhole, 2 things put me off the Anschutz - the price and the match chamber out in the field.

I can't help you with the price issue, but I have no qualm with the match chamber in my Anschutz. It produces blinding results with Eley and RWS subs.