mink problem help !

So three weeks ago i caught the first mink and then another 2 a week later the problem is i have 1 that will not catch have tryed everything .I have a pipe running from the lake where there are 250 ducks less a few now (bloody mink ) to an over flow dyke i have always run a trap in there and its caught well i also have floating traps on the edge and others around feed area but he will not catch .

I know its a male as i removed the trap in the pipe and put a print pad in and changed the pad each day for 3 days to see if he was using it and yes he was trap back in and no good . I have even sat out for him 2 nights now and the keeper 3 nights with nv and no luck .

any ideas would be great as he has now taken 8 ducks and having lost a few at the start dont want to lose any more ?

strange thing is the other lake also with 250 ducks never had a mink on fox yes had 4 this week !

Cheers Tom

Cunning ******* aren't they. What bait do you use?

I don't trap them, just shoot them when seen, but was told that the best bait is fresh fish. Needs to be literally just caught fresh.

Supermarket fresh isn't good enough for a mink.

Hope this helps

Thanks alot tryed it last night freind caught a a few fish gave to me put in the pipe trap and this morning there he was a big old boy was over the moon !

Huge thankyou :good:

So three weeks ago i caught the first mink and then another 2 a week later the problem is i have 1 that will not catch have tryed everything .I have a pipe running from the lake where there are 250 ducks less a few now (bloody mink ) to an over flow dyke i have always run a trap in there and its caught well i also have floating traps on the edge and others around feed area but he will not catch .

I know its a male as i removed the trap in the pipe and put a print pad in and changed the pad each day for 3 days to see if he was using it and yes he was trap back in and no good . I have even sat out for him 2 nights now and the keeper 3 nights with nv and no luck .

any ideas would be great as he has now taken 8 ducks and having lost a few at the start dont want to lose any more ?

strange thing is the other lake also with 250 ducks never had a mink on fox yes had 4 this week !

Cheers Tom

Strange mink are normally very easy as they are so inquisative & very bold some have no fear of man basically. I have worked fenn traps & live cage traps on them in pipes or along the bank & burns running into pond etc. As for these pad markers i dont under stand them just trap the area & you should get them i used to use young rabbits or fish.