Advice On how to make a gunstock [=

zeb

I have decide to build a new stock for my air rifle as my one has cracked (not the HW35 in my sig) i have a good knowledge of working wood, im just looking for some pointers, because there something i have probably forgot about/ haven't thought of yet, :hmm:

so any advice for a first time stock maker :oops: ?

thanks guys :rolleyes:

hmmmm this definitely looks interesting. ive been wanting to try n make a stock, as im a woodworker already ive got the tools just gota find out the odds n ends to give it a go maybe? the thing im wondering is, is it possible for me to get all the working parts for a rifle then make the wood work myself or is there some sort of law against me owning the parts to a fire arm?

My mate made one for his HW he went to b& I cant remember the other letter of the large nationwide store he bought a router came home cut out the stock blank using the old one

as a template then took the router back said it wasnt working properly and got them to give him his money back. He didnt even blush hes still uslng the gun.

hmmmm this definitely looks interesting. ive been wanting to try n make a stock, as im a woodworker already ive got the tools just gota find out the odds n ends to give it a go maybe? the thing im wondering is, is it possible for me to get all the working parts for a rifle then make the wood work myself or is there some sort of law against me owning the parts to a fire arm?

Short answer is yes the component parts of a firearm require a licence even though they are not assembled but I wouldn't like to define what constitutes the component parts. I very occasionally have dealings with restricted firearms and even though it may only be a small part of the whole weapon we have to obey a strict set of conditions and are monitored by the police to ensure compliance. a look at Guidence to Police might help

• 1 month later...
Short answer is yes the component parts of a firearm require a licence even though they are not assembled but I wouldn't like to define what constitutes the component parts. I very occasionally have dealings with restricted firearms and even though it may only be a small part of the whole weapon we have to obey a strict set of conditions and are monitored by the police to ensure compliance. a look at Guidence to Police might help

Gunstocks are o.k but not items included in the list of what are termed major components these are often listed as barrels, actions ,bolts cylinders, or other parts which bear the pressure of a discharge.