loading magazone for Weirauch HW60J

ODG

I've just purchased a Weirauch HW60J in .17hmr - when the weather settles down I might actually get to zero it and give it some use!

In the meantime, I'm familiarising myself with the action and loading/unloading processes. I appreciate that, being new, some parts will require a little 'working in' - the bolt is a little stiff at present, but the main concern I have is the magazine. I'm sure it should take 5 rounds, but I can only get 4 in comfortably. Is this another case of waiting till the spring eases off a little, or will it really only take 4 rounds? There's no mention of either the number of rounds it should take, or any spring issues, in the manual...

Anyone with an HW60J able to help shed light on this?

how did you get the mag apart? there are no screws; it appears to be rivetted together...

I've tried working the spring by using an allen key to push the base down repeatedly (don't really want to keep pushing ammo into it just to work the spring), but it doesn't seem to be making any impact...

Thanks guys - I think I'll stick with putting 4 in the mag and one up the spout for now... I'll be back at the RFD in a couple of weeks when my new .308 arrives, so will ceck it with them then - can't be bothered to make the 2hour round trip just for the mag! :look: