RWS TITAN LUXUS

Malinois

Hi,

I went into a local gusnhop today and shouldered severla makes of rifle. If money was no object I would go for the Sauer, I also like the Heym and strangely a real cheapie in the RWS TITAN LUXUS

So much so I am doing a bit of research into them as they are not that widely sold here in the UK. I have a variation for a 6.5x55, I am also a left hooker which is all catered for by RWS.

Does anyone have one of these rifles?

What is your opinion?

Ian

Hi,

I have an RWS Titan in 7/08. It is the cheap version with the classic (straight) stock. I prefer this shape to shoot rather than the hog back style. Brilliant gun - 3 shots inside an inch at 100 metres - no trouble. Lightweight adjustable trigger interchangeable barrel system - what more could you want.

Cheers :(

Malinois, I am a left-hooker also. I had a Sako 75 Hunter 6.5x55, and I know Gregor Macleod has two such rifles new on his racks (£995). I often kick myself for selling my Sako. Heym and Sauer are beautiful, solid rifles. Accuracy is much of a muchness between all brands - you just pay for varying standards of finish and gadgetry.

Hi,

I looked at Gregors site, but the RFD's charge a fortune around here to accept stuff so it bumps the price up. Also, I am thinking of having the barrel chopped down to 20 inch on whatever I get. It would gut me to cut £100 of steel off a Sako <_<

Ian

Hi,

20 inch barrel with mod, further reduction in velocity, gas pressure behind projectile accelerates projectile down the barrel. SKS industries has a mod design that only increases barrel length by about 3 inches - uses an over the barrel expansion chamber.

Cheers