Stoke Park Gun Club

Seamus

I'm a newbie on here so first off hello to all!

Well last Sunday was the last shoot at Stoke Park Gun Club (near Stoke Bruerne, Northants) after 30 odd years. I've only been shooting there for just over 3 years, but I thought it was a great little club, lots of challenging targets with the right atmosphere, and ideally right on my doorstep!

I'm sure, with 130 current members, a good few of you must be on here? I think after the new year I will give Akeley and Brafield a go, hopefully with the view of joining one (or both). Any other recommendations very welcome!

Very sad to see Stoke close, thanks to all who gave their time up to run the club.

Sorry to hear your club has closed mate i know when our local ground "Ancholme Valley" closed earlier this year it really was a wrench.Too many grounds closing and not enough opening at the moment, seems to be all over the country as well. :no:

Edited by Jega

• 4 years later...

I know this thread ended over four years ago, but my wife and I were just talking about Stoke Park where I used to shoot and am saddened to learn of its passing, Geoff Smart is a great bloke and put so much effort into providing good shooting for the members, I hope he is well and just decided to take a rest at long last.

I loved shooting there with my mates and one of my best memories was winning the handicap shoot there around 25 years ago, we were just talking about having a weekend down in Northants and dropping by for a shoot, ah well...