my prize zander

clayboster

I had great success fishing a hair rigged roach deadbait that had the head / tail cut off and scales scrapped with the body pierced several times .

This was used mainly in the winter

During the warmer months eel section was by far the best bait .

be careful using those eel baits, eels are now a protected species and we just need a clever bailiff to check us and its a court case, i had one going nuts at me last year for keeping one in a keep net for a decent photo in daylight nxt morning!!

be careful using those eel baits, eels are now a protected species and we just need a clever bailiff to check us and its a court case, i had one going nuts at me last year for keeping one in a keep net for a decent photo in daylight nxt morning!!

I have not fished for Zander for several years now , I am aware eels are now protected in fact I mentioned that when someone started a eel fishing thread the other week , they were not protected at the time I was fishing .

I have not fished for Zander for several years now , I am aware eels are now protected in fact I mentioned that when someone started a eel fishing thread the other week , they were not protected at the time I was fishing .

Are they protected in the whole of the Great Britain?