Weihrauch HW60J ejector problem

spandit

Got my new (to me) 17HMR rifle home and had a play on the range. Gun goes bang, which is more than can be said about my friend's Krico he's just bought.

When I bought it, the chap said that sometimes the empty case didn't eject and he thought it was due to the weak spring in the magazine. On closer inspection, there is a pin that pushes the case out of the ejector jaws which seems a bit worn. Anyone else come across this?

Found this online:

http://weihrauchowners.freeforums.org/post78485.html

but don't know whether it's for the same reason

Accurate and otherwise well made gun, though. Noisier than expected but not deafening by any means

It might be the same problem as the Anschutz where the ejector needed a small, I am talking a tiny amount filed of the top of the horizontal part of the L shape at the bottom of the ejector. I am sure there was a thread about it some where. I did it on my Anschutz which had exactly the same problem and it is now ejecting fine.

I haven't got an expanded parts diagram for this rifle but hoping if I take the trigger unit out (I've seen instructions somewhere) then this alloy block will be accessible and the pin can be replaced or adjusted. You can see the hole from underneath so it might be able to be tapped out a bit

I've also ordered a pull through (boresnake) for the rifle as there was quite a bit of **** down the barrel after I'd fired a few rounds. I know cleaning them is a contentious issue but actual debris is not going to help matters

ejectorpin.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Had a reply from Weihrauch telling me to contact Hull Cartridge. On closer inspection, the rifle is engraved with Hull Cartridge anyway. I've sent them an e-mail and the photo but haven't had a reply back yet.

Had a go at taking it all apart - it's pretty simple. Beautifully engineered, not a plastic part in sight. The little alloy block with the pin in it is pretty easy to take out (although surprisingly fiddly to reinstall!). Not going to muck about with it until I've found out if spares are available.

• 1 month later...