straw rides

Always a good idea to have some straw about to keep pheasants occupied and their mind from wondering what is over the boundary. we always have some straw rides around our feeders and scatter a few handfuls at every opportunity. We also feed a few on end round bales and it is surprising how pheasants can demolish those over the course of a shooting season. Cut the top wrappings and tip a bucket or three of wheat on the top might lead to feeding fewer badgers also.

Blackpowder

It's the key to holding birds, I would never dream of not doing it! Barley straw is what you want. If your not doing it then do it, you will notice the difference as to how your birds hold in the drives, where a hopper it can go up to get a crop full and walk about the rest of the day going god knows where, with a straw ride they spend there time scratching about finding the grub, keeps em busy for hours and keeps em fit. I do hopper feed as well just I case I cannot get round for some reason but hand feeding on straw is a big helping factor I find.