auto 4x4 for manual 4x4

scarecrow243

Hi I have a 96.p reg. grand cherokee limited edition automatic 4 litre petrol, it has full electrics ie seats.mirors. windows.airbags.radio cass 5 cd changer.towbar twin electrics long mot and taxed end of january 2010, i would like to swap for a manual cherokee as i cant get used to an automatic,other 4x4 considered,

post-18822-1255256029.jpg

post-18822-1255256038.jpg

post-18822-1255256047.jpg

the MPG varies ie city is 12 to 15 a roads speed 40 to 50mph 25mpg to 32mpg as i said if you are heavy with your foot it will be less i just let it build up speed as it gives better fuel economy

I used to have one of these and "32 mpg" is pie in the sky.If you half that you are nearer the mark.They are quick for a 4x4 and capable off road but a bit pricey on parts/servicing.I also think the auto would be better than the manual off road so why not just perservere with it until you get used to it ?

Hi blackbart as you say they are quick for a 4x4 so you must have been heavy footed the the computer and useing the trip milage gives me the milage i have said, i had a range rover 3.5litre auto years ago i used to get 28 to 30mpg when i was selling it guys said i could not have got that milage from a 1980 rover well i did and proved it to one of them he bought it

Hi blackbart as you say they are quick for a 4x4 so you must have been heavy footed the the computer and useing the trip milage gives me the milage i have said, i had a range rover 3.5litre auto years ago i used to get 28 to 30mpg when i was selling it guys said i could not have got that milage from a 1980 rover well i did and proved it to one of them he bought it

Even the official figures for it are way below 32 mpg.I dont know how you can get 10 mpg more out of it now than when it was new.I used to pick these up brand new and deliver them and never seen one that done 32 mpg.