Springer Spaniel

paul71pc

I have a 13 month old bitch Springer Spaniel, I walk and train her every morning at 6.30 then she goes into her kennel until 5.30 pm when she is walked again, fed, then brought up into the house untill the following day. I have noticed latley that she has been taking a toy into her bedroom compartment in the kennel and she has started to growel at me when I'm near the kennel, I have been getting her by the scruff of the neck, dragging her out and saying NO, this method has made things worse, she is now barking over food and toys, outside of the kennel she is fine, any advice please

if you remove her toys and leave her in the kennel with nothing im sure she will start to chew everything in sight .

Mines has loads of toys and a few bones to keep her happy

by all means give her bones/chews etc but dont give her balls or things you later expect her to retreive to you.

Do seem you do get a fair share of temprement problems around the 10 to 14 month period ..like the terrible teens , have a Cocker used to take his bowl into his basket then charge moray eel style at any other dog that went past..just take up the bowl straight after feeding now ..so no more of that ..she,s not had a phantom has she , thinking the toys is her pup

Edited by PWD