Distances

carl-finnegan

Hey all

seem to be dropping queries everywhere but im on a learning mission,

Im still fairly new to shooting, I have a webley stingray II quatro .22 and just need to know ideal distances to be shooting various ie pigeon, rabbits etc.

why dont they do a list as standard lol,

also bit of advice on millidots on sights.... what the hell?? lol

cheers

Carl

Edited by carl-finnegan

With my air rifles I shoot to a maximum of 40 yards as that is the distance I shoot targets at, as for mil-dots they help if you have zeroed the gun at 30 yards and need to aim high or low for different distances. My cometa is zeroed in at 25 yards and I aim 1 mil-dot up for 30 yards, 2 up for 35 yards.

:yes: you should not be shooting at life quarry till you have mastered your distances from 12 yards out to 40 yards join a club and get use to your gun and scope to kill rabbit you need to be putting head shots in to a 50 pence size hole at 35 yards so practice on paper targets or a club zeroing range :huh: mildot allow you to hold over or under on your shot go to club mate before shooting at life stuff :good:

may i just say the gun you have is very nice and look after it. i have had the pleasure of trying one of these guns out myself and they really are top notch. dont listen to anyone else about how far too shoot. only you will know how far you can shoot a 1" circle. of course if you can shoot a one inch circle at 60yrds the thats very good but does your rifle have enough power to kill at 60 yrds? as a general rule you shouldent really be going past 35 yrds. try placing targets at 10yrds, 15yrds, 20yrds, 25yrds and so on until you reach 40 yrds. place 5 shot at in each target. if your gun is zeroed at say 25 yrds then at 10 yrds your gun will be shooting higher than where you aim. at 35 yrds your gun will be shooting lower than where you aim. get used to this and see where the mildots on your crosshairsline up with the shots you have taken at the various targets. this way when you shoot at a target 35 yrds away you can aim higher than the target but you will hit it. get me? i know i dont....