wilts farmers

I KNOW WILTS FARMERS ARE VERY BUSY 1 SENT OUT 50 LETTERS TO FRAMERS IN WILTS WITH NO REPLY OVER 50 E-MAILS ANSWERS CAME FROM UP NORTH VERY NICE, BUT TO FAR TO GO THERE MUST BE ONE WILTS FARMER

I CAN HELP

IF THE FARMER WOULD LIKE TO INTERVIEW ME WE COULD MEET IN ANY PUB ANY TIME BEST TO YOU OR ANY PLACE..

ROUGH SHOOTING OPPORTUNITIES.

Dear Sir/Madam

I am looking for areas which I can carry out free vermin control of Rabbits, Rats or pigeons in fields or barns. I am also willing to pay a small fee if required. All rules will be respected.

I am 58 years old and have 40 years shooting experience and am now retired. I am ex army (23 years 1st Bn Devon & Dorset Regiment) and have competed at Bisley shooting for 15 years for my regiment and won Queens 100 for 2 years. I have also been head of security for an MOD site.

I am a full member of the Sportsman’s association and hold public liability insurance.

Also full member of BASC.

I own an air gun 22 and have 12 shotgun licence and gun.

I live at Boscombe Down and am looking for somewhere within a 30 mile radius to enable me to carry out a hobby I very much enjoy.

Can shoot 7 days a week night or Day or when you like me too.

Any Help or advice would be much appreciated.

I will be able to shoot 7 days a week night or day or when you wont.

Secruity.

I can look out for fly tippers (rubbish) and carry out a fence boundary check and also keep and eye out for trespassers and supply the land owner with written reports on my findings free of charge.

Best Regards

M A Morton

Edited by MORTON

:good: I am with spaniel mate farmers want to see who is coming on their land :blink: Door Knock not in camo be polite they will only say no or yes if you no some where theirs rabbits and pigeons hammering the fields ask if he wants help to get rid also tell them your insured :D

I KNOW WILTS FARMERS ARE VERY BUSY 1 SENT OUT 50 LETTERS TO FRAMERS IN WILTS WITH NO REPLY OVER 50 E-MAILS ANSWERS CAME FROM UP NORTH VERY NICE, BUT TO FAR TO GO THERE MUST BE ONE WILTS FARMER I CAN HELP JUST A CORNER OF A FIELD.

Mr Michael Morton

IF THE TARMER WOULD LIKE TO INTERVIEM ME WE COULD MEET IN ANY PUB ANY TIME BEST TO YOU OR ANY PLACE..

ROUGH SHOOTING OPPPOURTUNITIES.

Dear Sir/Madam

I am looking for areas which I can carry out free vermin control of Rabbits, Rats or pigeons in fields or barns. I am also willing to pay a small fee if required. All rules will be respected.

I am 58 years old and have 40 years shooting experience and am now retired. I am ex army (23 years 1st Bn Devon & Dorset Regiment) and have competed at Bisley shooting competion’s for 15 years for my regiment and won Queens 100 for 2 years. I have also been head of security for an MOD site.

I am a full member of the Sportsman’s association and hold public liability insurance.

Also full member of BASC.

I own an air gun 22 and have 12 shotgun licence and gun.

I live at Boscombe Down and am looking for somewhere within a 30 mile radius to enable me to carry out a hobby I very much enjoy.

Can shoot 7 days a week night or bay or when you wont RETIRED

Any Help or advice would be much appreciated.

I will be able to shoot 7 days a week night or day or when you wont.

Security.

I can look out for fly tippers (rubbish) and carry out a fence boundary check and also keep and eye out for trespassers and supply the land owner with written reports on my findings free of charge.

Best Regards

M A Morton

dont take this the wrong way mate, but its a bit odd to read. did you send them out like that?

Its easy to knock people, but at least MORTON is trying and be sure Farmers will not turn you down because of spelling errors.

The best way to get permission, is to firstly define the area you are prepared to travel to from your home to shoot.

Then drive the area and knock on the Farmer/Landowners doors, choosing a time that should be convenient (late morning, early afternoon can be good).

Be tidily dressed, have your gun licence(s), proof of insurance/BASC or other Organisation membership card with you.

Morton it isnt easy to get some land of your own to be honest but there are guys on here who have got land after a few knocks on the door.

The land i shoot on as all been gained through the Father in law and thats due to him shooting on the farmers land 40 years or so ago...i have done some knocking myself and nothing as come of it at present.

But I also have met some good people through this and another forum and I have been invited out Pigeon shooting (me old mucker Darren) is a prime example and invites me out for a shoot or should i say a laugh very often :rolleyes: , plus i have a lamping trip planned for a couple of weeks time with a very nice guy from another site.

So just wanted to say yes its great to get your own bit of land but it is also great to go out and help others on this forum who may need the help especially if the pigeons are hitting the ground hard.

Other then that keep your eyes open and if you see plenty of pigeons or crows about knock on the farmers door, he can only say yes or No

Good Luck