what gun

graham

What exactly are you going to shoot?

Foxes, deer, rabbits, which of these?

If its fox only, then either a .222, .223, or .204 will do the the job, out to 300yds.

If its deer only, a .243 or 6.5x55 will fit the bill.

If you are shooting deer and fox, then a .243, or if you are in scotland and only shooting roe and fox, then a .22-250 is hard to beet.

If its just plain old tasty bunnys, then a CZ 452 .22lr will see you right. ??? .

So what quarry are you after Graham?

What type of land are you shooting over, ie, small feilds, big feilds, hilly country, ect?

rabbits,fox when i sse them.the land i shoot on is mainly fields eg pea rape there is some wood land but the land is mainly flat. have seen a few deer on it. can you just shhot them or do you have to get permmision. like i said new to this

Graham,

If your going to shoot rabbits and foxes, then a .22lr and a .223 would suit your needs.

.223 for the foxes and a .22lr for the bunnys.

If your going to shoot deer aswell then your better off with just a .22lr for the bunnys and a .243 for the deer and foxes.

The .243 is a great all rounder, you can take foxes with the lighter bullets and deer with the heavier bullets.

In order for you to quallify for a firearms cert as far as i know, over in the UK, the land has to be passed by a firearms liason officer.

As I live in Ireland, i would not be too up on these things.

Prehaps someone else can help me out here ??? .

Basically, if you are going for fox, rabbit and deer, then a .243 and a .22lr should see you right. :)

thanks mate like i said not to many deer around so will probly go for a 223 that way i can do both. with the 243 you need to have good reason for one.could you say you just want it for foxes. what do you put on a fac/ and what about ammo

graham

There's a bit of a debate about rifles in the Airgunners section at the moment ie,,,,,,,, one chap wants to progress from 12ftlb to a rimmy and possibly

beyond .

>223 ballistics

3240fps

1282ftlbs at the muzzle

1000yds

906fps

100ftlbs

Try and get some hands on experience first from fellow shooters in your area ,apparently as the law stands you can only watch ??? which i don't agree with but these bullets WILL travel for 5 mile.

build yourself up slow ,consider a .22 hornet or a 17hmr (forget the deer for now )

And as as already been pointed out you need to look professional when the FLO consider your application

Don't want to put a damp squib on things but a .223 is'nt the most practical gun to learn from and we ALL learn from our mistakes.

Cheers Ive