fitting an electric winch to a L200

Conygree

I fancy the idea of fitting an electric winch to my L200 mainly for pulling boughs off trackways and trees hungup etc, anybody have any tips on what size to buy, intallaton/user problems and any are insurance problems. I have seen special bumpers although I could make one as I would like to flush mount it if possible. :rolleyes:

Thanks Soreshoulder :angry: - What Quad have you fitted a winch to? I have a Suzuki Eiger mainly used for dogging in Game.

A few yrs ago a friend of my son brought his Landy over with a 5 ton winch, and it was so useful and made working so much safer. I have a 1.5 ton ratchet winch, which is handy but hard work, it's often used to pull out the keeper in his L200, but has it's limit.

As you say it's often at difficult angles, I used to do a lot of heavy lifting yrs ago so the skill comes in useful. I found with the landy that if we set the winch up at an angle running through a pulley with a sling around a tree - from the pully we could work a radius from that point pulling out say 4 boughs in turn and still get a good cable wrap back on the winch drum.

We could also pullout hangups by doubling up through the pulley but not back to the landy but fixed onto another tree, with more slings holding the landy back to another tree - heavy stuff.

I'm a bit conserned about the battery but I don't plan on doing heavy work if possible but it's good to have the load capacity.