Aa S400 Trigger Adjustment

Scratchy

Hi

Can anyone advise me how to re-set an AA s400 classic trigger as I have just picked one up but the trigger is dangerous ! Non existent weight of pull, slack trigger and the safety dosent stop the rifle firing !

PLease help !

I am capable of working on weapons as served 10 years in commando forces and spent a year in the armoury !

Edited by Scratchy

sounds like someone did n`t read the manual before tinkering.states in the instruction manual that trigger adjustment should be left to an expert.as for the safety if it is the button at the back of the trigger i believe they were slagged of for not being robust enough. mine works absolutely fine but i never felt the need to tinker :good:

Thanks Tweedle,

I think you are right in that someone tinkered and got out of their depth. I've got an instructional dvd coming this week which shows how to strip, service and tune the rifle so hopefully that will solve the problem but I was just hoping someone would have come across this before and could tell me how to put it back to where it should be. I dont really want too light a trigger as I got the rifle for hunting / stalking bunnies etc, thanks again.

Any others with a bit of knowledgeable advice ?

Hi

Can anyone advise me how to re-set an AA s400 classic trigger as I have just picked one up but the trigger is dangerous ! Non existent weight of pull, slack trigger and the safety dosent stop the rifle firing !

PLease help !

I am capable of working on weapons as served 10 years in commando forces and spent a year in the armoury !

Hi Scratchy

E-mail sent

J2

Thanks Harvey, will do

Hi John,

Thanks very much for the email mate, will have a go when the weather lets me get out as have no place indoors to fire. Greatly appreciate the instructions and will post on here when its done. Question - Why do people mess with things that they dont know about ? Answer - to give the rest of us something to do to put it right !!

Edited by Scratchy

Trigger done boys ! took stock off, stripped trigger mechanism and cleaned and lubed it all as well as sorting out the weight of pull spring which had deformed through over tightening at some stage.

( you really get an understanding as to what does what when you can see it in action as it were ) set it up nice how I like it with medium travel and a safe weight of pull, thanks to all for advice.

Cant wait to strip the entire gun and give it some love !