silencing a 22 hornet

benjy

how quiet can you get a 22 hornet.and at what range can you shoot a fox with it.

what in your opinion is better for foxes a 17hmr 0r 22 hornet

cheers

Suggest you read through past posts, before it all kicks again :D B) :/ B)

PS Isn't it a bit obvious ? Ones a 17gr rimmy and the other is a .224 cal centrefire round

Take a wild guess :/?:/???

Jonno

Hi Benjy,

Mark Robson has a pic of a silenced Hornet some where here, if you do a search, you will probably come across it.

The Hornet would be very queit with a silencer, they are a quiet round anyway.

The Hornet would be a better choice for foxes, maximum range, 200yds. :D

to start with mate i wouldn't say a hornet it a very loud round not compared to some of its bigger brothers how ever you will always be left with the crack of the bullet so it will still be fairly noisy, personally i would go for the hornet any day over the .17 it packs a lot more punch and is not so wind fussy

I would choose the .22 Hornet but even better would be a .223, why are you limited to these two guns?

The Hornet is quite with the moderator on but you certainly still hear a crack, I would happily use it in the middle of the night without worrying about waking everyone up. :D

Mark.

thanks guys,

i,m limited to these to because i spoke to the fire arms licencing officer on the phone the other day and i told him my surcumstances and he told me i should go for either of these two guns.

how much would the bullet have droped at 200 yards?

if zero'd 1 inch high at 100 it would be either 4 inches with a 35grn or about 6 or 7 with a 40/45

its not a flat shooting gun.

put in for a 223 and say you have land that is suitable and need the ability to take longer range shots, see how it goes, cant hurt, the worst they can say is no, and if they do get onto the basc and see if you can argue your case, they are a good bunch the basc legal team :lol:

best of luck, hornet is a fine round, and will silence v nicely