S410 classic

Ferret Master

It's an excellent gun though if mainly hunting I'd get the carbine. It's easier to swing about from the 4x4 or hide than the long version. If using it for mainly targets then get the classic but save cash and get the single shot S400. Magsines are a pain in the butt for target work. The AGS 3-9x40 is a decent scope and comes in two versions - Saphire and Elite with the Elite having the better optics. The mil-dots are spaced too far appart in either to be of any use and are set true at 16x. The Hawke reflex 3-10x44 is also a decent scope optically for similar money but with useable mil-dots set at 10x. JSR will happily make a combo of any gun/scope and give a discout if bought at the same time.

I've got a regulated S410 classic with a walnut stock - it's a beaut and very accurate when you point it in the right direction :lol: I use mine for hunting and have a Hawke Varminter II scope which I am also very pleased with. Again, I like the mildots but couldn't tell you which dots are better/worse - I don't really care as long as I hit what I aim at! :lol: I've got a bipod attached to mine which makes life in the field much simpler. You will enjoy it if you get one, I use mine nearly every day.

dont think you can go too wrong with that one :lol: though the in a little while you will want to upgrade the scope, the AGS range i think are slightly better than the hawke range but they are still only an intorductory scope and as has been said the mil dots are a little too far spaced for a 3-9 scope.

would advise you to have a look through as many scopes as possibel then find one you like and see if Js Ramsbottom can sort you out a decent deal on the AA410 and scope of your chosing, they are good in that way you dont have to have a scope if its not going to be the right one for you.

OCHRE how many shots do you get out of your reg'd 410? would you say the reg is a worth while investment?

ROB :lol:

I get about 180 shots from a charge now it's been regulated. It cost about £200 to have the reg work done by an expert in Cambridge. The extra shot volume is nice but not the prime factor for me - it's knowing that you don't need to compensate for any kind of power curve within that volume. I was quite flush when I bought it and had it regulated. The AAS410 is a great gun without it - if you've got it do it; if you haven't you're still going to have a great time with a great gun. Not sure if that answers the question or not! :lol:

Hi,

What pellets are the best in the air arms S410 classic. AA field?

FM :lol:

air arms field, JSB exact (webley lazadomes/daystate FT are rebadged JSB exacts) any of those four should do then its just a case of working out which size to use 5.50 (doubt it) 5.51 or 5.52 one of those two should be best :lol:

ROB :lol:

PS might be worth trying accupells, though would stick to the above

:blink: I have a air arms s410k and its the best air rifle ive ever owned, :unsure: light weight, compact, easy to use and re-charge with air,

I cant fault it, :lol:

(but would be nice to have safety catch option) though I think the new ones have :lol:

you wont regret buying that gun m8,

kipper :lol:

Hi,

My gun has got a safety on the trigger blade. The 2005 gun has got a new quick fill adapter and skipline chequering as well! Got a tree rat yesterday with it. They plunder and strip our walnut trees. :< :< ( Little beggars :< ) It was a sweet shot though, the squirrel was at the top of our huge walnut tree and I could only see his head and neck I had to mount the gun vertically from under the tree and I gave it 1.8 mildots holdunder. Result one neck shot tree rat tumbling to the ground to land in pile of straw from where we muck our ducks out :unsure:

FM :blink: