Rabits best time to shoot?

Hunter 223

If they are not shy they are out all the time.

If they are shy, and this is only my own observations, they behave as follows.

They normally surface an hour before dusk.

They feed like mad for the first hour, it's sort of head down like a lawn mower, then they play and run about for a while.

They have a quiet period for the first hour of darkness, which seems to be whilst they adjust to the changed light conditions, then they get on the move.

They have another quiet period near dawn, and then they are out for the first hour or so of sunlight just after dawn.

Changing light conditions, or night time, is the best time for shooting them.

yup wat cooter said it depend how comfortable they feel when i'm out with the dog they run like theres no 2moz with me and the boy hot on there tail all depends on the rabbits m8 but i see the most out at dawn and dusk a few nice meaty straglers during the day cos they iz hard lol ;-) :good::):oops:

jim

Have you seen any actual sign of rabbits though: droppings, scraping, burrows etc

Maybe you just don't have any... though a nice quiet bit of juicy pasture is usually teeming with them, though they prefer well drained sandy soil to boggy or hard clay for obvious reasons.