newbie with ferrets

jen shooter

Be aware the females do require mating at least onc, normally twice a year. Or get them spayed. Or the jill jab is an option. Females are smaller than males and can often get into smaller holes. My preference would be two small males. Or two females, just make sure you have access to a snipped male or have them spayed if you are not wanting young twice a year. I work mine a lot with my lurcher and long nets.

HI Chap have gundogs thinking of ferrets know a lad has a fairly new double decker hutch what do i do next ? how many ?males females coulor my dogs are steady so not worried about them just be vigilant first few weeks cheers jen shooter

What a **** post, why do you not explain yourself better, are you in such a hurry that you do not have time to post a more detailed question.

http://www.britishferretclub.org.uk/ go on this site it tells you a bit about ferrets,

Incase you dont know a male is known as a hob a female is known as a jill the jills are quite a bit harder to start of with compared to the males as when they go in season in the spring and again in the summer they have to be taken out of season as someone has stated, With hob ferrets you dont have this problem dont rush out and just buy some because you can put some thought in to it as the litter toilet corners of they hutch idealy will need cleaning out every day of course with dayly feeding eigher with raw meat or dryed ferret food whitch can be quite expencive then get a good size water bottle like what they use for rabbits for the water make sure its never blocked i use wood shaveings on the living are of the hutch then quite a bit of hay in the bed compartment it dont matter what colour they are its all down to personal preference.