Longnetting

Andy17

hi all,

Just learning about longnetting and see most using this method in the night my question is can longnetting be used effectively during the daytime? do many of you guys n girls use long nets aswell as purse nets when out ferreting?

thanks in advance

yis andy

The best way in the world as far as I'm concerned, been doing it for a very long time and STILL learning! Caught this the other night, it tried to bite me, but not for long! Anybody know how to skin and tan the bloody thing!

F7Z7F_1.jpg

Joking apart though mate, it's a real learning curve, I'm off for a couple of hours tonight, solo, because my longnetting mate is on a promise tonight and doesn't want to be disturbed! I use my own system now, a cross between Glenn Waters, Brian Brinded and a few innovations of my own. Everybody has to find their own way, there is no such thing as right or wrong, if it works for you, fair play, go out and enjoy it! The area I'm at tonight has late feeding rabbits, I'm not joking now, some areas seem to feed late at night others earlier in the evening. This area has walkers and motorcycles around until dark and then it settles down a bit, where on the other hand, one of the farms that I do has late afternoon rabbits, I think this is because there are no public footpaths and apart from the farmer and one tractor driver it is relatively human free. I won't tell you I catch hundreds at a time, that's the realms of fantasy, but I do alright and that suits me! Sorry mate, got carried away there, yes it can be effective in daylight hours, but don't expect miracles on the first attempt!:P

Edited by longnetter

Hi Andy its nice to know that the future of long netting is safe in your area in what I assume by your title[ andy17]as young hands.

Its near enough died out around here now us old uns have given up due to being knackerd . Have or do you use a trip line infront of the net at night ,if you dont its worth a try it bowls the rabbits into a ball makeing it easer to get them out of the net as you know any help at night is worth its weight in bunnies.

running the net round an aukward or large berryis well worth doing any day in leaves the berry undisturbed and get,s you more bunnies.

best of luck for the future and remember only an ignorant man refuses to learn so keep on keepin on!!!!

Graham20g :P:lol::lol:

andy 17 my advise is to get yourself a book. the art of longnetting by harold wyman. a very good interesting read once you have started longnetting theres no going back mate you will be hooked never mind all these rifles that can shoot rabbits up to 150 yards plus theres no art in that. keep it old school. moonless windy nights bliss. the real art in catching rabbits is with a longnet