lamp filter colour

mollydog

I have found a Red filter best in all conditions for the following...... rabbits and charlies eyes reflect red best, Red filters give a soft light so they think you are furthur away that you may be, Rabbits see in black and white (so we are told) so white light has a better chance of spooking them, strong white light reflcts in mist (and your scope wets up) Charile apparently has limited color viz in the green and blue spectrum so its a good idea not to use either :good: there is always a circumstance someone will relate to that differs but in gen you cant go wrong with Red unless you miss a lot so they knwo to avoid you, we get a lot of mist on the marsh if it gets bad we pack it in....

Hi i normaly use amber but changed to the blue and think its good some say its ment for misty nights but ive yet to try it can let you know when ive tried it on a misty night if you like? Pavman what make is your red filter as the one i used seemed to really reduce the light like it was to thick if that makes sense

guss