Duck flight Wensum Valley 01/01/2010

Whitebridges

There wasn’t a lot of wind but there was plenty of water and ice in the valley. We parked at the top of the hill and walked down to the river and saw a few Greylag geese grazing and a few teal on the move. There wasn’t a cloud in the sky and we thought the duck would get off pretty late. We got in to position, Al behind a grassy clump and I choose the ditch. We were losing the light fast and about six mallard got off and flew out to the right out of range but at a shootable height. I picked up two mallard coming straight at me out of the dark background they flared to the right but I managed to kill the leading bird with the second barrel. Al shot a nice right and left one landing about 5 yards behind me. Quite a lot of birds were getting off but they were flighting the river. I had three more shots for two more mallard. It was great to have the crunch of snow and ice underfoot and we enjoyed a really nice little flight that was all over in half and hour from start to finish.

Cheers all.

wensum2.jpg

wensum1.jpg

Edited by Whitebridges