Bath subsiding.

vole

Had a new bathroom fitted about 4 years ago. Apart from them busting a door frame,strangely enough all seemed well. Except that when you filled a bath,the taps end sunk by a few mm pulling away from the sealant,gradually coming back up. It has now got worse and dips by about 1cm,usually when Dad has a bath. Underneath it appears the end 2 feet are on floorboards that arent rigid and they sag. Getting in touch with the installers is not an option.I was thinking about putting a car jack underneath as the bath sits on a big wooden board that would allow it. Any advice please? I cant shell out loads of £ for a fix,it being after Christmas and all that. Thanks for any info. :good:

Do not use a jack :lol:

Back off the nuts on the feet , then get some 3/4" ply as big a piece as you can get under both feet with a good area coverage .

Then simply tighten the leg nuts back up to the tile's :good:

Also if its timber framed add some extra support with timber supports to the floor on each corner :good:

does the bath have adjustable feet? put a largish piece of ply over the floor boards and adjust the feet accordingly. Alternatively, make a " ladder" from some timber and fix under the centre of the bath, gripfill will hold it in place. I did this with mine as i was having similar problems. However, a bath will slump when its full of water anyway, so maybe re-sealing the bath is your best bet, remember to fill the bath before you apply the sealant tho.

All of the above, but don’t get in the bath to seal it. The idea is to put enough weight/water in the bath so that it equals about half of the weight of a full bath and you.

1 litre of water weighs 1kg /2.2lb.

Silicon will expand and contract slightly, so you want to get the weight in the middle so that the silicone has room to move in both directions.

Northy