Last nights foxes and festive periods mixed bags

sako751sg

Cheers fella.It was Hornady 17 grain blue tips.

I'm thinking what would be the best HMR round for foxs,I have took a few foxs with the HMR using all the different rounds.Something is leaning me towards the TNT,it might be harder hitting staying in one piece for longer and doing more damage,are would the v max be better because it fragments.taking boiler room shots.

Only had the .17 three months and only shot 8-9 foxes with it,and have found all except one.All of the ones i got were bang on the engine room and didnt go that far.I have been advised to stick with the 17 grainers and will go with that for now.

Nice one Sako my friend, and I am inclined to agree with the 17 grainers in the 17HMR - when you hit a fox with one of them the energy transfer is so good that they just don't get up and complain!

Great photos and write up, it's good to see Rab enjoying the action with you and the young lad!

Sako what happened to your leg in the pic with the 10 pointer. :lol: You want see many like that in a life time. :good:

Had to get reconstruction done to the knee,and they had to break the leg at the same time with blunt force trauma(not half as nice as it sounds im afraid) and put in a seven mm wedge of coral and then plates and a half dozen screws,thanks for asking.Got it done on July the 1st and first week back at work this week.The stalking was all part of the rehab,but carrying ungralloched bucks 300 yards in a roesack on crutches shouldnt be recommended. :lol:

The buck was a cracker with being so unique,but i was lucky enough to have a bigger one the year before that scored 167.50 points.Probably never better any of them but you never know.Cheers,Dave.

Sako glad to hear your on the mend i had a fall on the 22nd Nov and snapped the quadriceps tendon on my right leg couldn't happen at worst time for me what with 10 shoot days left but we managed on the sticks LoL.(and the gator thank **** its a left hooker)anyway out stalking 1st 2nd and 3rd as you say its good therapy.

Hope you have a good stalking season. :oops:

Sako glad to hear your on the mend i had a fall on the 22nd Nov and snapped the quadriceps tendon on my right leg couldn't happen at worst time for me what with 10 shoot days left but we managed on the sticks LoL.(and the gator thank **** its a left hooker)anyway out stalking 1st 2nd and 3rd as you say its good therapy.

Hope you have a good stalking season. :oops:

Cheers fella,and hope your sore ones mending.They can be very slow.I put off the op a couple of months to get the April and May with the bucks,so it worked out ok although didnt get out too much during the rut,which was very stop start here with the weather anyway.Roll on next weekend and hopefully we get a decent spell of weather for the start of the bucks.Hope your seasons good too,but home mines that wee bit better obviously. :lol: