times for the magnet

Goldfish

Went out yesterday and used the magnet and 3 floaters.

Brought the magnet close to the hide, just 5 yards out and the birds came in nicely. A few tried to flare off but they were well in range and it was too late them for them.

This is the first time I have had the magnet so close to the hide and will try agin using this layout this weekend. Ended up with 27 in 2 hours but up to Christmas the most I had in one day was 13, therefore things are improving.

Used the magnet this winter but find it scares the birds off, flapper is good though.

Anyone else find the same, magnets are OK when the pigeons are young?

Discuss :good:

just sold my mag never worked far me been out today with my new terminator flying decoys i got from decoying uk wasnt many pigeons about but the ones that flew past showed a lot of interest in terminators shot 7 and good thing is wasnt havin heart attack when i got back to landy from carrying mag

I find the magnet works well on very windy days or on high standing crops. In some places where alot of people shoot I have found that the pigeons get used to the magnets because everyone is using them every time they go out and they are relying on the magnet to draw the birds in.

I very rarely use the magnet which means the birds dont get too used to it so when I do use it, it does work well. The last time I used the magnet was when me and dad were shooting over swathed rape last summer and it worked great but we have not used it since. We use 2 bouncers, 4-8 lofted decoys and some times we use the flapper but we find the lofted decoys work the best.