The tools

Sargeant Bang

Hiya Frank,

Yeah the accuracy seems good, happy enough with that. As for FTE's and FTF's its great on HV rounds, but you have to watch those wax coated Sub's. The gun is fine it's always been the clips that are the issue. Cleanliness is next to godliness it seems with this rifle. You have to strip out the mags after each use (I have 1 of the old plastic ones and 1 of the newer metal one's) and clean them inside with soapy water, mainly the inside of the feed-rails. Other than that don't overtighten the set screws in the receiver, and it's pretty good.

If the clips were straight feed it would be fine, but they are box feed, so they sit alternately on top of one another (10 shot capacity). But in general it's a nice gun. nice size and balance and a nice feel to the fore end as well.

I'm told you can also clean the Subs with lighter fuel prior to use to get rid of the wax!!!

Good point Frank. The 10/22 is a better feeder and less affected by dirt, but it does need a trigger mod, so they tell me. My mate has one and it's great, but he spend money on a trick trigger and a barrel job too. The Remy's have perfectly OK barrels and their triggers are fine out of the box. I just fancied being a bit different I suppose. You can also get more after-market goodies for the Ruger like massive magazines and so on, which I don't think you can for the Remmington. Pity cause it could do with one of those Ruger mags!