FITTING SWIVELS ON AN S410

SNAKEBITE

I thought exactly the same when I had to fit mine. Called the guy at JSR and he talked me through it pretty much.

From memory :

Look on the underside of the rifle, where the pressure guage is.

Back about 3 inches is 1 quite large allen screw, inset about 1/2 inch depth.

( 1 of the allen keys provided when you bought the rifle should fit. its quite a large allen screw. )

Simply unscrew it and yes, the whole unit just comes out - no fiddly bits, no trigger falling off or bits exploding around the room.

1 complete stock without anything attached ready for drilling.

It really is simple as that !

Hope you do okay.........

Forgot to say - im not too sure about having to re-zero. Dont think so as all your doing is removing the stock - nothing else. Once you reattch the allen screw, it pulls the 2 together tight - just as it was.

Perhaps someone else can help... B)

I did mine before zeroing in etc.....

IS THERE SUFFICIENT DEPTH OF WOOD ON THE FORE STOCK (1") TO DRILL THROUGH?

SNAKEBITE!

Whoa B) I have never seen the Bisley as i have a set of Uncle Mikes on mine where one screw thread is longer than the other and the shorter one for the fore end ain't no where near 1" long,,,,,,,,,,,,in fact there ain't 1" of wood in the fore end of that i'm fairly certain as i fitted my swivels myself in to my Air Arms S410

Are you familiar with outside calipers as you could use these to measure the depth of wood in your fore end :lol:

As said before remove the stock from the action first as explained.

1, Mark the depth of thread on your pilot and tapping drills using insulation tape ,Allow for 1 mm longer.

2, Measuring in from the wood end of the stock and not the rubber butt pad place a point 40mm in .........at the fore end it's 50mm and at this point use the calipers to determine wood thickness and the lenght of thread on your stud needs to be no more than 90 % of this measurement at the most.

A good tip would be to apply masking tape first in the desired areas. :lol:

3, Drill slowly up to the required mark (these dimensions oviously change)

4,When screwing the studs in ,it should'nt require much force.....if you find this is the case STOP :lol: as you could split your wood.Just re-drill using the next size up :yp:

5, once your happy remove the studs and to make a water tight seal apply superglue to the holes then re-insert the studs

I Take it these swivels are compatible with by-pods etc

Hope this helps

Ive

Edited by deadeye ive

The stock is coming off and I will cut the swivels to suit the wood depth.

Safest way B)

Thanks for all the advice!!

One thing mate when you come to screw the swivels in do it like you were tapping a thread tighten in then slacken off then tighten again and so on it stops the swivel being to tight and is less liable to cause damage to stock. :lol::lol::lol: :yp:

Edited by hawkeye