pop up hides

berettaman

just sold my euro popup hide they are a great idea and keep the elements out only problem is mine was suppose to be a 2/3 man hide well it was only just big enough far me but sayin that im 6,1 and 17st but also the field of view to shoot in is so limited most shots have to be snap shots so ive gone back to net and poles but if you were shootin static prey they wwould be ok. hope this helps :welcomeani:

just sold my euro popup hide they are a great idea and keep the elements out only problem is mine was suppose to be a 2/3 man hide well it was only just big enough far me but sayin that im 6,1 and 17st but also the field of view to shoot in is so limited most shots have to be snap shots so ive gone back to net and poles but if you were shootin static prey they wwould be ok. hope this helps :welcomeani:

well i was thinking of pigeon shooting using the pop up (over decoys of course) and it will only be a one man thing,and i thought with windows and retractable roofs then you would see pretty much all you needed ?

• 2 weeks later...
I got one half price ages ago called a 'dog house', and it's flippin' HUGE! A team of shooters could fit inside, and (since it's got no floor) pick it up and move about the field like a giant turtle with guns. Sneaky.

thinking of going down the one man hide route perhaps one of those built round a chair,think thats probably all i could manage to carry what with all the decoying kit and gun/cartriges,not getting any younger :rolleyes:

Edited by berettaman

I have bought one that is built around a chair, one man thing ,looks the biz if you want to take the birds as they come in overhead then you can push the roof back and hold in place with a couple of hide clips and when im shooting over deeks and want them to come right in to the pattern, release the top and partially zip up the front and shoot straight out, seems the all round solution with warmth and dryness when you need it most, oh and it pegs down for windy days too :rolleyes:

I've got a Pop-a-Bivvy. It's designed for fishing but I've used it for air rifle shooting and also decoying with the shotgun. It comes in a bag about 2' diameter and 3" thick. You take it out of the bag, give it a shake and it's an instant erection :rolleyes: I then peg it down and put a lighweight Jack Pyke camo screen over the front guy ropes and round the sides so that I can just see over the top of it. If I sit towards the front of the hide I've got almost 180 degrees of view / shooting left to right and around 60 to70 degrees overhead if that makes sense. No problem shooting over deeks if the pigeons are coming into them properly although you can't see them coming around the sides or from the back obviously. You can drop it into the middle of a field though facing the direction the pigeons are coming, no problem.

There is ample rooom for the dog, bag, chair and any mates who drop by for a chat. It weighs around 7lb with the pegs and net so it's not too heavy to carry. Putting it down isn't quite as quick as erecting it, but once the pegs, etc are out I can have it folded back into the bag in about 5 seconds.

Seems these sort of hides are getting alot of buyers ,i think its also the fact you are warmer especially this time of year(not getting any younger :wacko: )

i still retain my old style hide which will be fine if and when we get better weather,but as it stands i can put up with a small loss of vision just to get the damn cold wind off me,lot less aching joints later on :angry:

Took my pop up hide out today and I'm glad I did. Kept the rain off for an hour or more. Dog and me snug as bugs eating sarnies and drinking cofee, me, not the dog, while the rain cleared. :(

Glad to see im not the only one who tries to obtain a modicum of comfort in a situation which in the past has been far from comfortable,there will always be the traditionalists who wouldnt break from their old ways and good luck to you :good: ,but im all for my creature comforts and if i can get them into the field without killing myself in the effort,then im happy, i do like my new hide and it blends in well i hope a few more like minded people try them :D

• 3 weeks later...

mate google.

ultimate nature gear

they do hides for photography.

there made from a uk camo pattern so blend in nice.

some shooting sites sell the same hide but I found this one tells you abit more about it + has field of view pics

seems a good gen site

+ if you join there forum you will find a discount topic. you get 10 percent off.

I'm going for the pro hide. just the right size.there's a bigger one called a 360.