kennel layout

border Scott

Ive bought a 10 x 6 Kennel/run and im going to insulate the sleeping part. Its nearly 6 foot high and a big space to heat up so i was thinking of lowering the ceiling and using the space for keeping decoys and some of my fishing stuff. I need to build a raised box for the bed also. Would anybody be prepared to post up a couple of photos of the inside of their kennel to get some ideas. I realise its likely a hassle but it would be appreciated.

Cheers Scott

WHat sort if run is it mate ? Does it have a kennel section seperate or is it just a big run ? Is it the panels ? Or a timber building ? Give us more details of some pics of what you have n we'll tell you what to do :rolleyes:

Ok mate, I havent got it home yet as its being made but i went and saw the same setup yesterday in the guys display. Its basically a garden shed with a covered run and a pop hole into the shed. Its uninsulated but i will manage that myself and im just wanting some ideas of what do do with the dead space and at the same time increasing the dogs comfort. The kennel bit is about 4 x 6 foot and 6 foot high

I insulated my kennel with 38mm polystyrene boards and then covered these with hard board to form a sandwich with the frame of the kennel. As for storage why not just install a false cieling type thing from OSB board or the like. You could then make a small door into the storage area from the outside of the kennel to avoid having to go into the run.

I also insulated the roof of my kennel with polystyrene boards as well and then put strips of 5mm thich PVC over the front door to act as a wind break curtain type thing. The dog just pushes through to get in. Inside the kennel I then have a sort of hall way if you like with a hole into the sleeping compartment and the whole kennel is raised 4-5 inches off the ground.