FX EZ Air Compressor I & II

mimic

FXEZ-AirCompressor.jpg

This thing is looking more and more tempting, I know its alot of money but im hoping there maybe a few second hand ones kicking about, Has anyone owned or had dealings with one of these pumps?, I have seen some places offering it for arround 400 bucks New wich is alot But then the cheapest i can get a 14L 300 bar tank for with the regulator is about 250 so im thinking if i can find one S/H there might not actualy be that much init

Anyone been down this road?

Edited by mimic

When you say tank and regulator do you mean tank and valve? what would the regulator be I wouldn't think you need a reg for filling a airgun as a regulator reduces the amount of pressure coming out.

A 12lt 300 bar tank can be had new for around £190.

The regulator is just a safety precation ,It prevents any posibility of an over charge it isnt actualy required you can just use the valve and a presure gauge.

not very portable though :lol:

local gun shop uses one of these can pump rifle up quicker with the webley FX pump LOL

14L 300 bar £250!!!! most places you can get the 12L 300 bar including gauge and hose for £150! and believ me you wont notice much difference on the number of fills.

ROB :)

yeh agreed 250s a rip, I got quoted 160 for a 15L 300bar tank , I have a bit of an issue going with my 220 bar 14L having to travel a long distance then only getting 5 or 6 fills before its down to 190 :)

Going on that drop i can estimate il get about 23 to 24 Fills from a 300bar bottle the same size ,it is a little better but not anything like the 85 fill figures people have been quoting..

whats this webley pump like?

Edited by mimic

Mimic, STOP BEING A MUPPET! (for a little while) and think about what you want from your kit!

a little while ago i asked you a few questions, for some reason you didnt answer any of them.

just in case you cant find them here they are again :)

1.what are you going to use the rifle for?

(target practice, plinking, competions or pest control)

2.what range do you want out of it?

(back yard plinking, 10M target HFT/FT style targets and ranges or 55yards+)

3. how much do you want to spend? are you lookign for new or second hand?

(i think this one seapks for itself LOL)

4. do you hold a current FAC?

(do you want or need an FAC rifle, are you aloowed to buy one straight away if someone has one to offer you)

5.are you a member of an FAC rated club? (either FAC air rifles or centre fire).

(only two ways you will be able to get an FAC and thats by either joining a club or see 7. below)

6.Do you have land to shoot on?

(pretty important if you want to do a bit of pest control!)

7.if so, has the land you have prmision to shoot on been approved for FAC shooting?

(the only other way is if you have permision to use FAC rated rifles on land for the use of pest control)

8.are you goingnto be hide shooting or rough shooting?

(what size rifle would suit you best carbine for rough shooting, normal length rifle for hide shooting, though personaly i would opt for a carbine no matter what form of shooting your doing)

9.do you want self contained or PCP rifle?

(can you get a dive bottle filled easily, can you use a pump? if not a self contained rifle will suit you better)

so stop being a muppet for a while and help yourself.

ROB :lol:

PS and please learn how to scale pics down if you must post them, its easier to post links to sites if you want an opinion about something. and did you notice the little C in the circle on a couple of pics you posted? do you know what that little symbol means?:lol:?

Edited by roblade

:lol:

Mimic, STOP BEING A MUPPET! (for a little while) and think about what you want from your kit!

a little while ago i asked you a few questions, for some reason you didnt answer any of them.

just in case you cant find them here they are again  :)

(do you want or need an FAC rifle, are you aloowed to buy one straight away if someone has one to offer you)

Ok now what has any of this got to do with compressors?

5.are you a member of an FAC rated club? (either FAC air rifles or centre fire).

(only two ways you will be able to get an FAC and thats by either joining a club or see 7. below)

(pretty important if you want to do a bit of pest control!)

7.if so, has the land you have prmision to shoot on been approved for FAC shooting?

(the only other way is if you have permision to use FAC rated rifles on land for the use of pest control)

(what size rifle would suit you best carbine for rough shooting, normal length rifle for hide shooting, though personaly i would opt for a carbine no matter what form of shooting your doing)

(can you get a dive bottle filled easily, can you use a pump? if  not a self contained rifle will suit you better)

so stop being a muppet for a while and help yourself.

ROB  :lol:

PS and please learn how to scale pics down if you must post them, its easier to post links to sites if you want an opinion about something. and did you notice the little C in the circle on a couple of pics you posted? do you know what that little symbol means?:lol:?

all of the above.

25 yards maybe 35 out on the shoot

As little as posible :lol:

I can apply for an Fac as and when i want

Yes full member Can apply for FAC when and if i decide to.

Yes a golf corse with FAC permision for Rifles and shotguns (pest control)

Yes ofcorse it has.

Walking arround, Lamping The longer the better Im a big fan of long barrel rifles.

(can you get a dive bottle filled easily, can you use a pump? if not a self contained rifle will suit you better)

Well PCP ofcorse like iv been useing for years i think i had my first Falcon about ten years ago, Use a pump well .....you tell me?... how many strokes does it take to fill up a Fullsized PCP ressy with 210 bar? iv only ever used divers bottles.

(roleblade)

Now that i have ansered your questions perhaps you can tell me how any of it is relevant to how good this compressor is? *** does this have to do with anything lol,and Whats with the muppet comment ? so far its only you thats behaving like one, Why do you insult people?, I ask a simple Question (is this compressor any good) and you hit me with a questionar about FAC rifles? *** lol I dont know what your problem is man but get a grip this is a forum where people come to ask questions and discuse things in a polite manor if this is to much for you then why bother? the only comments you seem to make are negative or in direct contradiction to "common sence" ;)

Also you seem to keep making statements that you cant back up like you said you new where to get a crossman 600 but cant provide any info, You state that they easy to get when its renound as being a rare gun.. now your saying you can get a new 12L 300 bar tank with The Gauge bleed valve and hose for 150 quid Well Ok So lets see if you can actualy provide any info for it? Got a link ?,Im sure people here would Jump on them for that price. sadly however im starting to smell B.S

Edited by mimic

I have scanned the posts mimic and from what I can see roblade is basically trying to determine if you are going to be wasting your money on buying the compressor!

He is trying to help you really :)

Why buy a petrol station if you are only going to be filling one car that does 10 miles a week!!

Sorry for butting in, but can we be nice now?

I would much rather we be civlised yes :lol: ok so maybe i mis understand mr roleblade it just seems like he is out to get me a little lol

As for actual air requirments Well Lets just say i need ALOT :) im currently having to fill a 14L once a week and RATION my fills i dont get anyware near enough and with another pcp turning up soon thats gunner make it even tighter i would esitmate i need idealy 20 30 fills a week, and as i have stated its a long way for me to go to get it filled up. so even with a big 300 bar tank it will still mean a trip each week

There used to be a dive shop in my home town that pumped but the place closed down recently now i have a 60 mile treck to the nearest fill station :<

I have tried brighton but they dont have a pumping station the nearest is newhaven wich from bexhill area is a damn long way.

so from my point of view a compressor with unlimited fills = no more trips to newhaven it looks very tempting!!!!!

Edited by mimic

I would much rather we be civlised yes :lol: ok so maybe i mis understand mr roleblade it just seems like he is out to get me a little lol

You think you are having hard! You should have seen the problems I was having with BFC a while back!!!

Where are you now then 'eh.............. :)

the rifle you have chosen has not been chosen with any logic apart from its the rifle you want because of the length of the barrel, and even then you thought that logun had pinched the idea for thier rifles even though the loguns had been around for more the 12 months longer than the brocock. (though most of the galdiators and dominators do suffer QC problems, some a little and some a lot, the enigma hasnt been out long enough for all the faults to come to the surface yet)

mimic the best rifle for you i recon would have to be the AA S410, its got a proven track record and the only thing i have ever seen go wrong with these rifles is the magazine indexer snapping off £10 and 5 min job to replace. but this has only happend on rifles after a good few thousand shots have been put through them, second hand your looking at a similar price to the enigma (what do you think makes the enigma so cheap?)

you seem to have trouble filling a bottle in your local area, why not consider a stirup pump? filling to 190 bar on a rifle that averages about 80 shots would take a little under 5 mins, works out to one pump per shot, the more shooting you do the more you will need to pump back in (simple really, just means you keep topping up instead of filling from max number of shots).

as your a member of a club, when i go to the range i go through about 500 pellets every day donw there so that would be a complete charge from your bottle and it would need refilling every week if you go every week, so below are some prices you might find interesting.

compare are the costs:

dive bottle £150 (refills per year 52x60 miles +£3.50 per fill= £500ish per year!!!!)

FX EX pump (electric) £450ish petrol to and from house to refill £1 per journey twice a week £100 per year.

stirup pump cost from £110 new nothing else to pay for even if you have to buy a pump every year it is still the cheapest option. OK so it might be 5 mins of hard work but no harder than yomping across the fields for an hour or so. and more than capable of pumping rifles up to 300bar (as long as your up to it that is)

would advise a webley stirup pump, its about the best one out of the there i have used (logun, webley and hills).

the only thing you havnt asked about is what scope should you use, again this comes down to what your going to be doing with it in HFT a fixed mag scope is best due to the rules, in the field i would go with a fixed mag scope too 6x40 is a pretty decent size to stick to, i have my mag fixed at 6 times and theres not much that gets away from it can go for mildots if you want but i have yet to come across a mil dot scope where the dots are any good most of the time you will only be using the first mill dot either up or down. but if you want a really decent scope a second hand WTC 6.5-20x50P/A should do the job £100 second hand

so if we add all this up

AA S410 (S/H) £300

WTC 6.5-20x50PA (S/H) £110

Stipup Pump £110

so a grad total of £510!!!! a mear £60 over what you were looking to pay for the pump on its own!

as for the crossman 600 its already got a new owner ME!!!!! :o and boy are they nice :ernyha:

just seach goole (like i told you to) and contact any sellers asking if they accept credit cards or paypal and would be willing to send to the UK, it really isnt rocket science you know LOL

the reason your classed as a muppet, if you can recall your first post i think that about sums you up. not to mention......

you want to shoot out to 35 yards with FAC rated air rifle and special high power rated pellets!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:;):lol:

quote:"2.what range do you want out of it?

25 yards maybe 35 out on the shoot"

dare i mention the fact that you were thinking about using an air rifle in the house as well?:o? thought this was soemthing only a muppet would think of doing, whats next shooting birds across the street from the bedroom window?:o?

i mean dont get me wrong you could be a really decent guy its just that from your posts on here you come across as a bit of a muppet i.e. whats this power go up to? it will be well over by the time im finished with it!!! whats the most powerful multishot pistol? how can i increase the power of this pistol?

those are all quotes that you have said recently, ok so might not have been quoted perfectly, but accuracy and bag size isnt about power :) its about knowing how to shoot.

from the sounds of it your missus has the right idea not letting you play with the big boys toys and limiting you to non live fire FAC LOL i can see the head lines now LOL "MAN KILLED BY FREAK SHOOTING ACCIDENT, whilst zeroing his rifle in the hall way a man was killed when a bullet that he fired at a target 10 yards from his shooting position ricoched off the wall he was using as a backstop"

ROB :lol::lol::lol::lol:

you want to shoot out to 35 yards with FAC rated air rifle and special high power rated pellets!!!!!

Yes i do whats wrong with that lol like does it matter what i want to shoot its upto me isnt it?

Ok next point ,i refered to using a 6 ftlbs 177 co2 gun indoors. Even our range permits us to use them indoors How can you be such a girls blouse i think you will find hundreds of Indoor clubs for co2 guns, so whats your point exactly? are you trying to say it is unsafe to shoot sub 6ftlbs guns indoors? LOL :lol: What exactly is going to happen? :lol: , wait let me guess i will sofocate from C02 inhalation :)

And as for power mods i know exactly how to mod a gun and i never Asked anyone how to do it i just asked if anyone new what the max power was with mods something that i could only find out buy owning and modifying one or from asking someone who had already done it...

I will say it Again, At no point did i ask how to increase the power i asked what the maximum power was, So that i could decide if it was Worth doing the mods or not.

Let me guess next you will be telling me Softair is dangerous :lol:

Edited by mimic

Let me guess next you will be telling me Softair is dangerous  :lol:

i dont think i would like to be standing in front of you with a spud gun LOL let alone anything else :):lol::lol:

but oh how you make me laugh LOL :lol:;):lol:

ROB :lol:

oh and almost forgot your welcome for the advise, im sure there was a thank you in there somewhere LOL

Edited by roblade

well that just shows what a pussy you are :) wasit gunner do ? Really i think you should be more worried about droping it on your foot.... it will certainly hurt more

When you give me some usefull advise i will thankyou for it

IE where i can get that 12L 300 bar tank with gauge hose and bleed valve for 150

Just for the Record

What exactly is wrong with wanting to use FAC rated pellets in a Fac raited rifle?

Whats wrong with using C02 Guns for indoor shooting?

Whats wrong with using FAC power for 35 yards?

Whats wrong with favoring an airgun over a firearm for this range When the backstop distance means u can shoot more places safely?

Whats muppety about wanting to get a Nice looking gun upto FAC power?

Edited by mimic