Crows

borntoshoot

hi all. been asked to shoot some crows on my mates farm in a few weeks and i was thinking that as they eat rabbit etc would i be able to use my fox call to bring them in? i have one of the button shaped calls with the hole in the middle that u suck through to imitate a distressed rabbit or i can also make it sound like a hare.

would this bring them in?

I do plenty of crow shooting mate,and i find a good decoy pattern with a floater works well for me :good: thats when the crows want to play,some days whatever tactics you use they just aint interested :no: you need to make sure you have a decent hide,and only move at the last minute to take the shot,crows are very observant and clever birds,if you have something wrong they will spot it :) i tend to use a top net on the hide,this seems to help :lol: BB not sure on the fox call mate ??? if it works let us know :)

hi all. been asked to shoot some crows on my mates farm in a few weeks and i was thinking that as they eat rabbit etc would i be able to use my fox call to bring them in? i have one of the button shaped calls with the hole in the middle that u suck through to imitate a distressed rabbit or i can also make it sound like a hare.

would this bring them in?

I tried using an acme crow call but frankly I now understand why Wiley Coyote

has such a poor record. As crows communicate amongst themselves the idea

would be to imitate their come to me call This site gives the type of calls likely to attract - Crowbusters or if you have it you could try putting an Owl decoy to try to get a mobbing going.

If you are shooting carrion crows i & around lots of bushes/ trees you may draw a few in, as well as maggies and jays, especcially early doors but dont think you'll have much luck with rooks or jackdaws. To be honest tho you will be far better off trying other methods - I tend to decoy them in the same way as pigeons - whirly/bouncers and a few scattered about. A good hide is the main thing

Have a search on here mate and you will find loads of tips

:good: