open sights

monkey

cheers axe have looked on ebay at a few just cautious about if the dot would show up on a bright day.

AAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Don't do it.

The cheap e-bay ones are dog dirt.

In a nut shell if you zero the laser in with grub screws you will be disapointed. If you use turrets you will be better off.

(however saying that the laser on the bottom of AXE's s16 seem to do quite well and that is grub screws, I dunno maybe I am talking out my ars3!

Chill out Snakebite, he's only after a few rats at close distance. Even the most non-mechanically minded should be able to acheive the right nzero at that range. The screw adjustments are not that hard to sort out. I should think that anyone not able to zero with the screws would not be able to load a cartridge/pellet and magazine, let alone fix a pair of bi-pods on!

Regards,

Axe.

Chill out Snakebite, he's only after a few rats at close distance. Even the most non-mechanically minded should be able to acheive the right nzero at that range. The screw adjustments are not that hard to sort out. I should think that anyone not able to zero with the screws would not be able to load a cartridge/pellet and magazine, let alone fix a pair of bi-pods on!

Regards,

Axe.

It is not the zeroing that is the problem!!

It is the fact that the recoil of the rifle can MOVE THE ZERO. Even at 10yds this can be a problem on the kill zone area of a rat.

This perhaps explains why the laser on your p.c.p. is more consistant!

I bought one of those ebay cheepo things for £0.99 with about £6.oo post and packing. Although it looks reasonable on first looking at it, I don't think it is even a laser. It has a terribly fat spot and a poor range. A cheapo LASER pointer i used to have could be seen at 300 yards on a dull day. This thing hardly goes down the garden at dusk. I dismantled it and I believe it to be an ultra bright LED and not a laser. It depends completely on a crappy plastic lense to ring the spot down to 1/2 inch at ten yards. That is not laser type performance which would produce that kind of spot at hundreds of yards. Total waste of money even at the price I paid for it. The tragedy is, the metalwork on the thing is quite nice - for a few more coppers, it could have been a half way decent thing. Cynical Chinese counterfieting rubbish.

AVOID

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...bayphotohosting

It is the fact that the recoil of the rifle can MOVE THE ZERO. Even at 10yds this can be a problem on the kill zone area of a rat.

Well again, if someone is not able to mount the laser correctly...blah blah blah. Ensuring the Laser is mounted correctly will stop it from moving about. Unless of course your gonna be knocking the rats with the thick end!!!

Axe.

Well again, if someone is not able to mount the laser correctly...blah blah blah. Ensuring the Laser is mounted correctly will stop it from moving about. Unless of course your gonna be knocking the rats with the thick end!!!

Axe.

It is not the mounting as that is rock solid, it is the actual locking device or rather the **** poor operation of the device.

I would show you but I've got rid of mine as it was no good!

The locking device was just a slotted screw that wound into the body of the laser making it harder to turn the grub screws (which zeroed the laser) and stop it from moving. The recoil used to loosen the grub screwa any way which made it impossible to rely on it's accuracy!

£25 wasted. AND that was half price from a reputable dealer at the Parham game fair!

I wou;d have been choked if it was full price!

Im sorry to hear that Snakebite, sounds like your reputable dealer? sold you duff equipment. :D I suppose the moral is, buy cheap buy twice.

I dont know what sort of system you had there, but my Laser would be fine on your gun. The laser is held in by the three zero screws within an outer case. This inturn is held on the gun by grub screws. I've never had a problem with it, even with all the bangs and scrapes its had.

Regards,

Axe.

It was a BSA model.

Like yours it was grub screws for zeroing (One at the top and one 90degrees to it.) There was a "ring" round the outside which you loosened off with a screwdriver, then zeroed then retightened.

Should have been so simple!!

To be fair it did move mostly in the left to right plane BUT did wander Up and down. No good for range finding!

At £50 (the original price) it was not buy cheap either. Still without a reciept I was stuffed. And to be fair who gets reciepts at game fairs!?!

• 9 months later...
cheers axe have looked on ebay at a few just cautious about if the dot would show up on a bright day.

AAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Don't do it.

In a nut shell if you zero the laser in with grub screws you will be disapointed. If you use turrets you will be better off.

(however saying that the laser on the bottom of AXE's s16 seem to do quite well and that is grub screws, I dunno maybe I am talking out my ars3!

I bought a really cheap chinese 'laser' last year and it wasn't a laser at all. It was a bright led with a crappy lense and it wouldn't light up a target at twenty yards in daylight. KEEP away from too good to be true offers. They really are too good to be true.

AAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Don't do it.

I bought a really cheap chinese 'laser' last year and it wasn't a laser at all. It was a bright led with a crappy lense and it wouldn't light up a target at twenty yards in daylight. KEEP away from too good to be true offers. They really are too good to be true.

I Have one of these and the zero has not shifted in the time iv had it, oh and it's fine in moderate to dark conditions.