evening all on the small charity shoot i do the vermin control on iv got a problem fox taking it share of birds iv tried snaring,lamping,waiting in a good vantage point but cannot get it.a bloke i know says he can get this sorted with terriers i just wanted to know the legal side of this cheers.

if im not mistaken u need to use a terrier that will stand back and bay at fox not rush in and kill it.try telling that to a terrier that has generations of working blood in it i.e lakeland ,border ,nuttals etc. the real fell strains.anyhow the plan being dog bolts fox into net or flushed either way it has to be dispatched using shotgun.some of the terrier lads on forum who still work there dogs will no doubt keep you updated.good luck with the fox mate.

Been on my first 2 organised fox drives this month on the shoot I beat on, using hounds and terriers.. Perfectly legal.. Would be good morning for you and the guns to organise 1.. Brief from the keeper was to let the fox get in as close as possible to be able to make a safe shot, make it count, and dont shoot into the wood or cover for obvious saftey reasons for the dogs and people working them.. :good::hmm: