I have

Printer

Scanner

I need

Fax

Answer Machine

Printer

Scanner

Do I just get one of those 3-in-1 things that is phone / answer machine / fax and keep my scanner and printer or would you recommend a 3-in-1 printer / scanner / fax and just get a cheap phone / answer machine?

Any pro's or cons for either route ?

Thanks

Dunno about the answer phone bit, but we looked into these multifunction machines at work many years ago.

Out of all the ones we bought (Canon, HP, Brother, Sharp etc) the Canon Laserbase has been the best by a Country mile. I think it was also one of the first cheap multifunction machines that had the scan to PDF function which in today's terms supercedes faxes.

other thing to double check is cost of consumables....

they will take a toner, and most probably some form of drum kit. it should tell you somewhere how long each should last (the page count given is on a standard 5% coverage - a sort of standard text document).

as we all know, this is where the money is made...

Sorry, I should have elaborated on the Which Report.

They way up the total cost of hardware + consumables so that you can see the overall cost of running.

Dell for instance can be say a third of the initial cost of Cannon, but with ink etc over a three year period be dearer and not the same quality of print.

other thing to double check is cost of consumables....

they will take a toner, and most probably some form of drum kit. it should tell you somewhere how long each should last (the page count given is on a standard 5% coverage - a sort of standard text document).

as we all know, this is where the money is made...

In other words, cost per copy :hmm::good:

Sorry, I should have elaborated on the Which Report.

They way up the total cost of hardware + consumables so that you can see the overall cost of running.

Dell for instance can be say a third of the initial cost of Cannon, but with ink etc over a three year period be dearer and not the same quality of print.

yeah, absolutely. sometimes with dell, is cheaper to throw the printer away and get another dell one rather than buy a set of inks!

marcus

not sure what your budget is, but I have a samsung scx-4824FN multi functional - printer, scanner, copier, fax

has been excellent, easy to use, reasonable consumables, scanner is excellent when used with a full version of adobe acrobat.

look it up on the net....

Thanks for this, I See this one is Mono, I need colour as well, sorry dont think I put that in original post. I'll have a look to see if they got a colour model.

I was looking to spend upto £200, and think I will be looking at injet in this price range, though a colour laser would be better if I could find one.