Spring Barley Drilled and Rolled

ellebarto

The farmer on my newly acquired land has started to communicate with me a bit more about whats going on and has just text me with 'spring barley has been drilled and rolled now'

I'm still quite new to getting a feel for what will bring in the big bags and will be doing a reccy but is this something that would bring in the pigeons?

Any thoughts or opinions appreciated!

The farmer on my newly acquired land has started to communicate with me a bit more about whats going on and has just text me with 'spring barley has been drilled and rolled now'

I'm still quite new to getting a feel for what will bring in the big bags and will be doing a reccy but is this something that would bring in the pigeons?

My biggest downfall is never doing a reccy and I royally mucked it up once when the Shooting Times did an article on me and StealthStalker (Not his land, so it's not his fault) and we shot 2 pigeons :)

Definately worth investing in some banger ropes, as you can set them up in a field that you know is being hit, but not as badly as the one you're wanting to shoot. It'll keep the pigeons moving about.

If you've got a dog, take him for a walk around the permission and watch the flightlines.

Edited by harfordwmj

My biggest downfall is never doing a reccy and I royally mucked it up once when the Shooting Times did an article on me and StealthStalker (Not his land, so it's not his fault) and we shot 2 pigeons :)

Definately worth investing in some banger ropes, as you can set them up in a field that you know is being hit, but not as badly as the one you're wanting to shoot. It'll keep the pigeons moving about.

If you've got a dog, take him for a walk around the permission and watch the flightlines.

What are banger ropes mate?

Sounds like good advice though. Thinking of taking my brother up and setting two hides up to keep them moving between us!

standardbox.jpeg

They're a dozen big firework bangers strapped to a slow burning fuse. One goes off every 30 mins. Believe me, you don't want to be ANYWHERE near one when it goes off!

Mole Valley Farmers sell them, but I don't think you can get them posted, as they're explosive.

standardbox.jpeg

They're a dozen big firework bangers strapped to a slow burning fuse. One goes off every 30 mins. Believe me, you don't want to be ANYWHERE near one when it goes off!

Mole Valley Farmers sell them, but I don't think you can get them posted, as they're explosive.

Ah right, I see what you mean now!!

I reckon then my brother might serve as a cheap alternative to that lol

standardbox.jpeg

Now now harfordwmj,

You know that you should not mis-inform new people to the forum. Its not fair.

Banger ropes are ineffective and not loud enough. You need some some real spice to keep the birds moving so what you really want is some Varmint grenades made by Barnes.

They will do the job nicely.

Now now harfordwmj,

You know that you should not mis-inform new people to the forum. Its not fair.

Banger ropes are ineffective and not loud enough. You need some some real spice to keep the birds moving so what you really want is some Varmint grenades made by Barnes.

They will do the job nicely.

i have found that they are quite addequate and are as loud as ******* :good:

Well its worth alook and if there on have ago just sit back and watch for 20 mins half hour so you can try and get in the spot there useing most or try get under where they enter the field :good: